Do you know there is a way to adjust your camera’s settings so you can get sharp, saturated images straight out of camera? There is! In this post I am going to show you how to get awesome pictures without spending tons of your precious time sitting in front of a computer.
Both pictures above are straight out of the camera, no editing what-so-ever! See the difference. The left image is set on STANDARD picture style and the right image is my CUSTOMIZED picture style. Let me show you how to customize your camera. Please note this tutorial is for Canon users. If you are a Nikon user leave a comment below and I will do a post on how to do this on a Nikon. I know it can be done on most cameras.
How to Adjust Your Picture Style
1. Hit the “menu” button on the back of your camera. You should see a screen that looks similar to this. (It’s ok if your screen is not exactly like this)
2. Scroll to the second red box by using your front scroll tool close to the shutter release button. Then scroll down, or use the up and down arrows, to select “PICTURE STYLE”.
3. You will several PICTURE STYLES that are already preset. Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, and Monochrome are the preset PICTURE STYLES that are on my camera. You may just have some of these or you may have all of them. You can adjust one of these, but I suggest you scroll down to USER DEF. 1.
4. Select USER Def 1 by hitting the info button on the left-hand side.
5. Now you can customize your settings by toggling the arrow of each option to either the left or the right. This will be a where you will want to experiment. Change a few of the settings, take a test shot, and see if you like the customizations you made. If not, got back in and tweak them a little. You might want more saturation, but less contrast. It’s totally up to you and your style.
6. Now that you have customized the USER DEF 1 setting in PICTURE STYLE you will always have it saved in your camera until you change it. To switch PICTURE STYLES back and forth between your custom setting and the presets just hit the PICTURE STYLE button on the back of your camera. You should see a display similar to the one below which allows you to scroll through all the PICTURE STYLES and select your favorite. Notice the ones that say 1, 2, and 3 are the USER DEFAULT options that you will have to customize in order to use.
And that’s it! You have now customized your PICTURE STYLE settings which should give you more control over your images. Please note that if you are shooting in RAW you will still see the customizations you made when viewing your pictures in the camera, just like when shooting in JPEG. But you will not see them during post processing.
If you have any questions about customizing your settings leave a comment. I am glad to help!
(http://www NULL.linkwithin NULL.com/)Pin It (http://pinterest NULL.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Freneebooephotography NULL.com%2Fphotography-tips-adjusting-custom-settings%2F&media=http%3A%2F%2Freneebooephotography NULL.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F04%2Fcustom-settings1 NULL.png&description=How+to+Customize+Your+Camera)