Five years can really change a person. Have you reflected back over the past five years to see how your life has evolved and how you have changed? I’ve been doing a lot of this lately since we are leaving Abilene. And I am truly overwhelmed by it all. This Top Ten list is all I can get out at this moment. My emotions are all over the place as I get in the car today and drive away from this place I love so much. So much I want to say, but I just can’t find the words to say what I am feeling. Maybe one day I will be able to write it down and share. But for now I leave you with this list of how sweet Abilene and the amazing people of this great city have forever changed me.
10. “Ya’ll” will now forever be apart of my vocabulary
9. Came a Spanish teacher, leaving a business owner
8. Learned the value of community and became vulnerable enough to ask for help
7. Realized being a people pleaser can be both good and bad and getting closer to understanding that fine line
6. Burritos will always be associated with breakfast from now on
5. Met amazing people who I now consider family
4. Discovered my spiritual gifts and how I can be used to impact the Kingdom for His glory
3. Realized my desire to be a SAHM
2. Became a mom, twice 🙂
1. Have a deeper understanding of who God is and His calling on my life
SO VERY BLESSED!
Speaking of change. Photo below was taken the summer of 2007. Right after we arrived in Abilene. We were a little loopy after hours of painting the ceilings in our new home.
Below: Taken on Aug. 11, 2012
(http://www NULL.linkwithin NULL.com/)