To my baby brother and his new wife,
I am beyond thrilled for you both of you as you start your life together. What a joy to it was to witness and photograph your union as husband and wife. I pray that the Lord will bless your marriage and use it to grow you both in your love for each other and for Him.
Now, what kind of sister would I be if I didn’t offer some marriage advice? Since I am so wise and kind (enter wink and sarcasm here) I will share some things I’ve learned with you.
10 Marriage Tips
- Cheer each other on. Champion each other and build one another up with your words.
- Except the fact that you do not always have to be right.
- Be the first one to say “sorry.”
- Laugh. Play. Adventure together.
- Take risks together.
- Pray together.
- Listen well. Don’t rush to just fix the problem. Listen first. Perhaps, just listen.
- Do not go to bed angry.
- Fold socks as often as you can.
- Know that your spouse is for you, not against you. Same team. You can let your defense down and trust in that goodness.